St Cuthbert’s College offers four Endeavour Scholarships for students of Maori and/or Pasifika descent. Students should be actively participating in their culture and able to contribute their skills and knowledge to the College. Applications for Year 7 places commencing 2018 are now open.
- Scholarships are awarded on the results of a competitive examination and a personal interview for short-listed candidates.
- Active participation in cultural activities, overall ability and previous school achievements are taken into account.
- Candidates will sit examinations in English and Mathematics.
- Based on the results of the scholarship examination and application, a short-list for interview will be established.
- The value of each Scholarship is a minimum of 25% of tuition fees each year, for the duration of the student’s College education. Greater support, up to the maximum value of 100% of tuition fees and provision for associated costs, is available if financial need is demonstrated. An assessment of financial position is undertaken by an evaluator independent of the College, at no cost, if you choose to apply for greater financial assistance.
- There is an annual review of the performance of the scholarship holder against attitude and commitment criteria. Students are expected to participate in and share their culture with the College community.
- All scholarships are open to prospective students. Students must be New Zealand citizens or hold New Zealand residency visas. Students currently attending St Cuthbert’s College are not eligible to apply.
- In the event of there being no candidates, who reach a sufficiently high standard, scholarships may not be awarded.
- The decision of the Principal is final and no correspondence will be entered into.