Record-holding runner Audrey Gregan has been invited as a gold level member of the Athletics NZ Potential Performance Squad for the 2020 Olympic Games. This means the 16-year-old has been identified as having potential to place in the top 16 at the 2020 Olympic Games.
Audrey is the Auckland record holder in the U18 women’s 3000m and 5000m events, Athletics NZ 3000m champion and holds the Auckland and North Island Secondary Schools title for 1500m and 3000m. She also won the Central Zone and Auckland Secondary Schools cross-country and placed 2nd in the New Zealand Secondary Schools’ cross-country.
Her next venture however, will be travelling to Ukraine in July for the 2013 IAAF World Youth Championships. Audrey has been running since she was 12 and is coached by Marianne Duston, the College’s very own Head of Careers and running coach.
Here are Audrey’s achievements so far for 2013:
- Auckland record holder in U18W 3000m and 5000m
- Athletics NZ U18W and U20W 3000m champion
- North Island Secondary Schools 1500m and 3000m champions
- Auckland Secondary Schools 1500m and 3000m champions
- Second in the 3000m and 4th in the 1500m at the Australian Youth Olympic Festival in Sydney
- Central Zone Cross-Country champion
- Auckland Secondary Schools Cross-Country champion
- 2nd at New Zealand Secondary Schools Cross-Country competition