We welcome applications from newly qualified teachers. It is important to have a balanced mix of teaching experience and to this end we manage a comprehensive induction and mentoring programme to support teachers starting their career at St Cuthbert’s College.
As a beginning teacher you can expect a programme of supervision and guidance that will develop your skills, knowledge and values while fulfilling the requirements for teacher registration and working effectively in the St Cuthbert’s College environment.
This programme will include, and is not limited to:
- A dedicated mentor and/or supervisory teacher for advice, guidance, regular meetings and feedback
- Formal observations, planning, meetings and feedback from a senior HOD/TIC/Dean
- Clear induction to College organisational routines, systems, procedures and philosophy e.g. ICT, Thinking Skills, pastoral strategies
- Fostering your ability to encourage students to learn
- Developing your competence in your curriculum area
- Developing teaching techniques and classroom management skills
- Assistance in lesson planning, preparation and evaluation of work programmes
- A clear and inclusive appraisal process
- Identifying short and long term goals
- Sufficient time provided for professional development opportunities
To view a sample position description for a beginning teacher, please click on the button to the right.