These are the wonder years. Wonder what she’ll be good at? Wonder what will ignite her? Wonder what sort of young woman she will blossom into?
From the first day your little girl walks in the College gates and heads for the Junior School and towards her future, she will be welcomed into a caring and stimulating classroom environment. Our small learning groups mean your daughter gets personal attention from day one; this means in the critical areas of English and Maths there will be 14 or fewer in her group.
Our vision is of a ‘community of learning’. When you visit us you will see:
- happy girls and happy staff
- great programmes in literacy and numeracy
- girls’ personal learning needs being met whether they need to be challenged or they need a little extra help
- our Stretch programme giving girls lots of chances to find out what they love
- iPads, coding, robotics and lots more innovative technologies
- girls working with specialist teachers in French, Science, Music, PE and more
- a living school motto, By Love Serve
- parents being welcomed as part of the College family
- an attractive, engaging, modern learning environment
- our girls as capable, curious, creative learners
You will see that your daughter can be a capable, curious, creative, learner too.
The other things she will learn:
All girls are encouraged to take up opportunities in sport, music and the arts. All girls perform in Junior School productions and Carol Services and participate in sports events of their choice.
Self-responsibility and initiative
We really believe in the importance of these qualities and that we need to give our girls every chance to develop independence. These are cornerstones for her growth into leadership.
Girls learn by doing and by giving them lots of different ways to work with one another – to be in teams, House groups and to support each other – they have real experiences of leadership. Class captains, games, sports, music, library, Values and House captains – these are just some of the leadership roles held by girls in the Junior School.
The strength of our community makes it easy for our girls to grow their personal networks and develop deep and long-lasting friendships.
With these aims and the girls’ enthusiasm, commitment and energy – success is a matter of course. Every day we give our personal best to them; it’s the very best way we know to ensure we get it back.