Technology teaches students to identify needs and opportunities from a given issue and to use a range of skills to develop solutions. The course is delivered through units of work based in control, communications, structural and dynamic technologies along with creative design processes and materials. Use of ICT supports all units and learning. Both theoretical and practical applications are used to produce technological solutions.
Technology aims to help students to:
- Develop and understand technological practice
- Base their learning on real situations
- Understand better the influences and diversity of global culture
- Understand technical, social and economic issues
- Produce innovative solutions based on theoretical and practical experiences.
- Internal assessment - Theory and practical components, Technological practice and outcomes
Recommended Prior Achievement Level