St Cuthbert’s receives several nominations for Auckland Live Showdown Awards
St Cuthbert’s has received several nominations for the annual Auckland Live Showdown Awards. The awards, also known as The Auckland Secondary School Production Competition, celebrate outstanding achievement in play and musical production.
At the beginning of each year, a school nominates a maximum of two productions for the awards. This year, St Cuthbert’s put forward ‘Blue Stockings’, the NCEA Level 3 Drama, and ‘Into The Woods’ our co-curricular senior musical production.
St Cuthbert’s students and staff have been recognised in the following categories.
- Best Set Design in a Play – Debbie Waalkens and Team
- Best Sound Design in a Play – Debbie Waalkens and Team
- Best Costume Design in a Play – Debbie Waalkens and Team
- Best Female in a Supporting Role –Jess Dallas, India Klink and Rosa Latton
- Best Female in a Leading Role – Charlotte Healey and Nico Penny
- Best Director – Debbie Waalkens
Into The Woods:
- Best Props in a Musical – The Team
- Best Set Design in a Musical – Aaron Tindell
- Best Choreography Performance
- Best Choral Performance
- Best Female in a Supporting Role – Victoria Ryan (Little Red) and Aleyna Taumoepeau (Witch)
- Best Female in a Leading Role – Arabella Patrick (Bakers Wife)
- Best Choreographer – Laura-Beth Warne
The awards show will take place on Friday 1 November, 7.30 pm, at the Bruce Mason Centre.
Tickets are $20, and are available on Ticketmaster. CLICK HERE, should you wish to attend.
Congratulations to all who have helped make these productions fantastic experiences for students to engage in the arts!